Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Removed but Confused

I did it. I took control. I had my birth control implant removed yesterday. I should be happy, ecstatic, elated. Instead I'm feeling confused & just a bit conflicted.

I asked my gyno about VBA2C. "It's your choice of course. But.." and he starts describing uterine rupture and the damage it could do to a baby if I were to rupture and not get to a OR fast enough. When asked he gave me the statistics on rupture. There's an approximate 1% chance of uterine rupture after 2 C-sections. From my research I know that can be increased if I "need" to be induced. (Not if I have any say!) 99% chance that I would not rupture. 99%. I feel like he was trying to scare me. Why? His numbers? The inconvenience of waiting on baby? Insurance policy & rates? But I'm still struggling to advocate for myself and hearing him be seemingly against giving me a chance really made me question everything for a bit.

Today I'm stronger. Still a little confused. It's been 8 years since my last section. And I am still determined to make sure it is really the last. I will prepare my body for vaginal birth, before we even conceive. I will prepare myself throughout the pregnancy. I will have a VBA2C.

No comments:

Post a Comment