Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Watching the Temps

When I started working at the elementary school winter was approaching. I soon became very aware of what the temperature outside was doing. As winter dragged on I became very focused on what the temps were doing, above 0°F we paly outside, below and we have to be inside. Recess inside is hard on EVERYONE,but especially on the kindergartners. We are finally headed towards spring and now I have to fight the kids about the temps once more. Below 60°F they have to keep their coats on... To K, 1st, & 2nd 45°F sure feels warm enough to take off a coat, not on my watch kiddos!

Having spent so much of the last 6 months focused on the temps outside it feels very fitting for my temp watch to start to be focused inward. Since having my Nexplanon removed I have been charting my waking temps. The scientist in my head is fascinated by the changes on my chart. At first my waking temps were elevated by the lingering artificial hormones but they have come down and now I am hoping for the temperature shift which will indicate I have ovulated. I know it may not happen this cycle but I am still watching the temps, looking for the shift, the change. Like waiting for spring to arrive, I'm watching my body for signs of returning fertility.

No comments:

Post a Comment