Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Exercising mindfulness

Trying to focus on being mindful of my thoughts about myself. Trying to be kind. Got on the Gazelle today even tho I'm still a bit crampy. Started to fall into a thought pattern about exercise because of the food I had eaten the night before, not good! I caught myself though and changed my thought pattern. I may even have spoken out loud. "This is not a punishment, I do this because I like the way I feel when my blood pumps hard and the sweat drips from my face. I like the rush of feeling good and recognizing how much my body supports me in everything I do every day! This. Is. Not. A. Punishment."

Sometimes it is hard to step away from the negative thoughts, sometimes it's as easy as reminding myself that I am amazing and awesome and totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment