Saturday, May 4, 2019

Two Week Wait

Three higher temps in a row. Pretty sure I ovulated. And from my charts we timed intercourse almost perfectly. I know CW agreed to try for baby so a baby will be welcome but with work ramping up he's very distracted and shuts down conversation any time it bring it up. He doesn't care about logistics, or 2 week waits or pregnancy tests. I want to scream from the rooftops and tell everyone I'm in the 2 week wait but I know it's better to hold this to myself. Sure we timed it right and I'm healthier than I've been in quite awhile (mental and physical) and it could happen perfectly, but I also know that it doesn't always happen right away. It's so weird, I've never actually tried to get pregnant before. No planning, no research, no 2 week wait, just BAM! you're pregnant! It's a strange new world. I'm not sure I like this feeling. I'm so impatient, so desperate to know if we succeeded. How can I possibly wait 2 weeks?!
I'm doing my best but with this 3rd high temp confirming my ovulation I'm suddenly very aware of every twinge in my body, any sign. Of course all the early signs of pregnancy are also the same symptoms I get for PMS so it won't help me to dwell on anything I might feel. Real pregnancy symptoms won't start until after a test gives me a positive. For now I'm reading all I can, assuming it will take more than one cycle, and just trying not to pin my hopes on one lonely little (fertilized?) egg traveling down my fallopian tube. It'll happen, or it won't and I won't know for at least 2 weeks.
I have found that I am not a patient woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment